Monday 23 January 2012

E.L.F. Lipstick and Matte Lip Colour Review&Swatches


I placed my very first elf order a few days ago and my little parcel arrived within two days - very impressive! However, I'm not too impressed with some of the products, but I'll give you seperate reviews on everything I ordered (gel eyeliner, brushes, smokey eyes palette..). For now, I'll show you the two lipsticks I bought...
'Gypsy' is part of their normal lipstick range which retails at £1.50 - I didn't really have high hopes for this one as it's so cheap, it is however quite a nice lipstick for this price! It's a lovely deep pink shade, nicely pigmented but it does feel and look a bit drying on my lips.. A little slick of lipgloss or balm should resolve this problem though. The only thing I really dislike about this product is the packaging - it feels so cheap and wonky, but what can you expect for that amount of money? All in all, I think this is quite a good product considering the price, and the colour is lovely indeed - might have a look at the other shades next time I order from elf!
I also purchased 'Tea Rose' from their Studio Matte Lip Colour range. It was on offer for £2.45 instead of £3.50 so I thought I could give it a try - I'm quite disappointed with it though. I know that matte lipsticks can feel a little bit drying on the lips but this one is a real nightmare! I couldn't stand how incredibly dry it made my lips feel and it looked terrible too, a bit like using chalk as a lipstick... I do like the dusky pink shade I picked but it's just not for me. I have very pigmented lips and this shade is simply too cool and light for me - it washes me out a lot and makes me look ill. Unfortunately, this lipstick was an absolute waste of money for me..
Have you tried any of elf's lipsticks? Which ones can your recommend? xx

Swatches of 'Tea Rose' and 'Gypsy'

'Gypsy' on my lips

1 comment: