Wednesday 28 March 2012

Revlon Lip Butter 'Sweet Tart'


Revlon's much anticipated Colorburst Lip Butters have finally arrived in the UK!
I popped into Boots on my way home from work a few days ago to check them out but unfortunately they only had a couple of shades left. I've been looking at a lot of swatches online and I instantly knew that I would have to get my hands on Sweet Tart - luckily it was still in stock and quickly went into my shopping basket. I managed to behave myself and only buy one of these little beauties but after using it for two days I am certain that a few more shades will follow very soon!
Basically, Revlon Lip Butters are a lipstick/lipbalm hybrid - they are moisturising and lightweight like a balm but have the colour payoff and staying power of a (sheer) lipstick.  And they are definitely not like your average 'tinted lipbalm'! I was really surprised at how pigmented they actually are, the colour payoff beats that of a lot of my sheer lipsticks, like Dior Addict or 17 Mirror Shine lipsticks. I also love how moisturising they are and how soft and smooth they make my lips feel. Yet, you hardly notice that you are wearing anything as they are super lightweight and non-sticky. Staying power on these is brilliant too; I was wearing Sweet Tart all day yesterday and today and only had to touch up approximately every three hours!
I'm a sucker for pink lipsticks so it's probably not surprising that the shade I picked up is Sweet Tart, a bright medium pink which looks slightly cool toned on my lips. It's super shiny and glossy and doesn't contain any glitter particles. I absolutely love this shade, it's quite bright and interesting yet very easy to wear and perfect for summer - I can definitely see myself reaching for Sweet Tart a lot!
All in all, I can definitely recommend Revlon's Lip Butters as they are the perfect lip product hybrid, and I simply can't fault them. You get the benefits of both lipstick and balm, there's wide range of shades to choose from, the packaging is very pretty and sturdy and £7.99 seems like a fair price for me! Thumbs up! xx

2 comments:

  1. wow it looks so pigmented!I can't wait to try these xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It´s a great color!!

    I follow you and i hope you follow me back, i´l be very happy about it :)

    http://shopaholichousewife.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete