Friday 1 February 2013

Nails: Mint and Silver Tips

Rimmel Lasting Finish '230 Your Majesty' - Barry M 'Mint Green'
I had a very stressful day yesterday as I had to finish a lot of uni work which was due today! Usually I would have a long, hot bath to relax but unfortunately our new flat doesn't have a bath tub - so my new way of de-stressing is painting my nails! I find it so calming and it seems to take my mind off other things, so here is what I came up with last night then - mint green nails with silver tips!
The polish I used for the base is Barry M's 'Mint Green' which is one of my favourite nail polishes ever - it applies so easily, dries quickly and two coats make it completely opaque. I own a lot of Barry M polishes as they are super cheap (£2.99 per bottle but Superdrug and Boots always seem to have offers on too) and the quality is quite impressive! After letting the base dry for a few minutes, I used 'Your Majesty' by Rimmel, which is a very shiny, metallic silver polish, on the tips of my nails. Using those little french manicure stickers might have been a good idea to create perfect crisp lines but I was honestly just too lazy - I know mine didn't turn out perfect because I don't have the steadiest hands but they look fine from further away! 
I think the mint green and silver look lovely together - do you like it? And what's on your nails at the moment?

8 comments:

  1. So pretty, I actually have 2 Barry M polishes on myself at the moment, fuchsia and pink sapphire. I love them, such good quality. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! :) youre right, barry m polishes are great quality and so affordable! don't have to feel bad about buying lots and lots of them ;) xx

      Delete
  2. wow- das sind ja ganz tolle lacke. du hast so schöne nägel!
    schönes we dir.
    maren anita

    FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

    ReplyDelete